160KM+ AROUND BOAVISTA BY HYDROFOIL
After the sucessful circumnavigation in 2017 you can now join us on this very unique foil race for skilled kitesurfers between the 5th - 12 of December 2018.
40% Upwind and the rest you just fly along the stunning landscape of BoaVista
The FOILBOA Event was born last year when Ulrich decided to raise awarenes about his fundraiser and the KiteDownwind from Sal to Boavista. After careful evaluation he took off on the first of December 2017 and covered 166km in 7 hours.
Now in 2018 we open the possibility for other kiters to join us on this very special race around the island with the maingoal of raising funds for a local kindergarten and of course beat the record of 2017.
You can participate at the half distance from Sal Rei to LaCacao which is around 60KM and mostly downwind or join for the full leg covering 160km+ around the Island.
+ THE FOILBOA IN DETAIL
DAY 0 ARRIVAL
On your arrival we pick you up from the Airport, show you around and on the first evening we have dinner with all the riders at Morabeza Beach, the number one location on BoaVista. Here we get to know eachother, plan the program for the week and enjoy the no stress lifestyle the Cape Verdean Islands are so famous for. The base of our Week is the Planet Allsports Center at Praia Estoril, here we store our equipment and have acess to all the facilities like restaurant, showers, rescue service and equipment rental.
All Dinner and evening programs are decided on site as a group.
Day 1 - DO YOU EVEN UPWIND ?
The first session we start at Praia Estoril and do a first testrun upwind from Sal Rei to Ponta do Sol - about 20km. After that we enjoy beachlife and have some caipirinhas.
Day 2 DO YOU EVEN DOWNWIND ?
We start around 10:00 and leave towards the beach of Santa Monica where we will have lunch at Boca Beach. This is agreat training for the downwindpart of the circumnavigation. After Lunch we go back upwind to Sal Rei. Total distance about 50km.
Day 3 A HIDDEN TREASURE
In the early morning we drive to a secret wave-spot. After Lunch we start the most beautiful downwinder from there to LaCacao along the endless beach of the south side of the Island. We get back to Sal Rei by Car and problaby have dinner at Morabeza or in Town.
Day 4 "DAY OFF"
Open program for everyone in order to prepare for the big circumnavigation. As everyone will have a different approach to the race around BoaVista we plan onsite what we will do on this "offday". Some might want to relax and do yoga while others keep training for the next day.
Day 5 - FOILBOA - CIRCUMNAVIGATION OF BOAVISTA
Its the big day! We will meet at 08:00am at the Planet Allsports Center to prepare our Gear. Race Start is scheduled for 10:00am. At LaCacao there is a pitstop with food and drinks and a Taxi Service back to Sal Rei for the short distance riders. We estimate the first riders to arrive around 16:00 at Praia Estoril. At 19:00 there is a big Winners Ceremony followed by a Barbecue with Live Music on the Beach till late into the night.
Day 6 THE BAY OF HAPPINESS
After a slow morning we head to the flatwater bay Ponta Antonia and enjoy the rest of our day there. In the evening we will visit the Wakan Bar for the best cocktails in town and have dinner at the famous container restaurant at the Pontao of Sal Rei. Here we also decide our program for Day 7.
Day 7 NO STRESS
Program as decided the day before.
+ WHATS INCLUDED ?
- We help you finding a flight to BoaVista from all around the world
- Trough our partners we find the best accomodation for you at special rates
- Aiport Pick up
- Welcome Dinner at Morabeza
- Kite storage, rescue service and SUP Rental at the Planet Allsports Center.
- Special rates for equipment hire available
- 5 full day Trips inc. transport guided by Ulrich Frank the founder of the ocean crossing and some local pro´s
- Chilled drinking water during the day
- The FOILBOA event Lycra, support boats, pit stop lunch, BBQ dinner and afterparty at Tortuga Beach Restaurant.
- Dinner at "Te Manche" a famous local restaurant at the pontao of Sal Rei
- 24 hours support on the Island
+ WHATS NOT INCLUDED ?
- Return - Ticket to BoaVista (ca.500€)
- Accomodation (ca.300€)
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (unless specified otherwise above)
- We organise the meals as a group of friends. During the downwind trips we usually get some food in the morning from the bakery to have lunch on the beach
- Insurance ( You must have a valid travel and third party insurance)
+ TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Download the Terms and requirements to participate here.